Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mormonism: Sacrament

The true Sacrament was restored through Mormonism. I will speak on how Mormonism administers the Sacrament though. About each male's duty. An item that is needed to be known before explaining is that yes, the people messing around with giving the Sacrament do have to be guys of Mormonism. It requires the Priesthood and its duties. You usually have young guys participating. You do have a minimum age of course though. This age is of 12. I'll start will the highest age of the Aaronic Priesthood. This is The Priests with the ages of 16+. I mention all of this age stuff and duties as well in my Priesthood section. Their duty in the Sacrament is to brake the bread and bless the Sacrament. An item in this is that they can't have the same person do both prayers. Then also the Prayers for each has to be said exact. If screwed up it needs to be said again. I had that flaw my first time. I had to do it three times. I felt so embarrassed. Due to that I have too much fear. Then last week there was one at my ward that had to repeat it once. At that he just corrected it and that's fine as long as it's during.
The next down in age is for the Teachers. They have the duty to prepare the Sacrament for Mormonism. This of course happens before people arrive. I mean preparing in the manner of filling the trays with cups of water and pieces of bread to be blessed and putting the trays on the table to be blessed during the meeting itself. I used to have the duty of doing this even though I am an Elder. I did it even when I was an Elder due to being in a singles ward. Now there has been Priest, or those without the Melchizedek Priesthood come so now it is more closer of their duty. I came one day and they didn't really let me get in to help. I still keep the job of another level of the Aaronic I will mention later. Another job of the teachers is I guess to guard the doors is a way to phrase it. They close the doors of the Chapel room itself so that others can't get in until the Sacrament portion of the meeting is over. Then also to make sure that people/kids don't get out due to unimportant reasons that can wait until after the Sacrament is over.
Now is when I will speak of the Deacon's duty in the Sacrament. The Deacon's duty is to pass it around to those of Mormonism that are worthy to take it and renew their baptismal covenants. It is so sad to see someone nto partake of the Sacrament when they are old enough and a member of Mormonism. That means that they have done something that is a greater sin that they need to repent of. This is the duty I was mentioning previous that I still do constantly. I pass the Sacrament. Really it's something that's supposed to vary among people due to it being in a singles ward, but I guess guys just got enough of it while they were a deacon. I'm the one that usually gives to the Bishop of my ward. You have to ensure that you give it to the Bishop first then the 1st counselor and then the 2nd counselor. Unless you have the Stake President attending. Then you have him. I have to admit I don't know what would happen to have a Quorum of the 70 with you. I've had that happen while I was at my family ward, but I wasn't one to pass at that moment. An item is that the others must wait until the Bishop/Stake President partake of it before you let others. Then once everyone has had a chance you then line up in different spots depending on how your ward chooses and then once the Priests, or other people blessing stand up then you come back to them to hand the current item back for the water, or to end.
You can chat with those of Mormonism for info if you want to. Just go to Mormon.org/chat

No comments:

Post a Comment